In this section
Request a recycling bin
Eligible properties in zone one in Buller can request glass crates and recycling wheelie bins.
Only properties that pay in their rates for recycling collection are entitled to have bins.
Is my property authorised?
To find out if your property is authorised, look up if the property rates include a Solid Waste Management component in our rates database.
- The valuation number is the 10-digit number at the top.
Please note that only applications with entitled properties and valid valuation numbers will be processed.
Terms and conditions
- Recycling bins belong to the property and not the property owner. If you move, the bins must stay at the property for the new residents.
- For each property Council provides one 240L recycling bin and one 45L glass crate. Property owners pay $196 including GST per year (accurate July 2021) in their rates to Council. If you want to have more than one glass crate or more than one recycling bin you will need to pay $196 including GST for each bin extra per year.
- Recycling containers are supplied free for new houses that are built in Buller. If you lose or damage your recycling containers, there will be a charge for a new one. The price is $135 incl. GST for wheelie bins and $33 incl GST for glass crate. It is the responsibility of the property owner to cover the cost for a bin replacement.
- If you move to a new property, either as a tenant or owner, make sure you receive the bins. Otherwise please inform the vendor or landlord that the bins are missing. If you receive the property with no bins, then it is the responsibility of the new property owner to purchase new ones.
- You must follow the local recycling rules. If you do not follow these rules, Smart Environmental Ltd can refuse to collect the bin. You will find clear guidelines on the Refuse and Recycling page.
- Only applications with entitled properties and valid Valuation Numbers will be processed.