In this section
Event waste management and minimisation
Council wants to support you in reducing your event waste to minimize the waste footprint of your event.
Thinking about how to deal with refuse and recycling created during your event will be good for the environment, your event's participants' experience, and your wallet.
We created an event waste management and minimisation plan template to guide you on what to consider while planning your event. Use our form below or download it here.
Once submitted and approved, your event will be eligible for the free use of:
- Three recycling wheelie bins (240L each)
- Six glass crates
If you have your own event waste management and minimisation plan, want to ask about event waste, or discuss your next event's waste management, our waste coordinator is available for any questions.
Please send your queries or draft plan to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "event waste management plan".
Please refer to our website for more information on accepted recycling items in Buller.
- Complete one plan per event
- Plans must be submitted at least one full week before the event
- If the plan is approved, you must pick up and drop the bins and glass crates off
- The event organiser must ensure the recycling is correctly sorted to be accepted for free disposal at one of the district's transfer stations
- The event organiser is responsible for managing and covering the cost of collecting and disposing of rubbish created during the event