The two Karamea facilities – the landfill and Karamea Resource Recovery Centre and Disposal Facility – are located at the same address. Both refuse and recycling are accepted there.
Items that can be recycled at the Karamea Resource Recovery Centre and Disposal Facility include:
- Plastics #1, #2 and #5 (rinsed, clean and lids off)
- Aluminium tins and cans (rinsed, and cleaned)
- Vehicle batteries
- Paint containers
- Household batteries
- Oil, transmission fluids and hydraulics (they must be clean and dropped off in containers no larger than 20 litres)
Note, cardboard cannot be recycled in Karamea (standard refuse charges apply).
See fees and charges for the details on pricing and our recycling guidelines for each recycling zone.
- Days of operation: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Hours of operation: 9.00am - 1.00pm