The two Karamea facilities – the landfill and Karamea Resource Recovery Centre and Disposal Facility – are located at the same address. Both refuse and recycling are accepted there.
Items that can be recycled at the Karamea Resource Recovery Centre and Disposal Facility include:
- Plastics #1, #2 and #5 (rinsed, clean and lids off)
- Aluminium tins and cans (rinsed, and cleaned)
- Vehicle batteries
- Paint containers
- Household batteries
- Oil, transmission fluids and hydraulics (they must be clean and dropped off in containers no larger than 20 litres)
Note, cardboard cannot be recycled in Karamea (standard refuse charges apply).
- Days of operation: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Hours of operation: 9.00am - 1.00pm