Jamie was born and raised in Westport, grew up on the family farm, and attended school in Westport. He completed trade qualifications in Farm Business Management which he has applied to his own farming business for over 20 years. Jamie gained his commercial experience serving as a company director and collected governance experience in the health and aged care sector.
Jamie made the move to local government in 2016 as a councillor for Westport and was elected Mayor in 2019 and 2022.
Jamie’s leadership style is practical and pragmatic where honest and genuine conversations encourage his thoughtful, quality decision-making. He enjoys ongoing professional development and has completed courses in leadership and critical thinking furthering his expertise.
- One District Plan (TToPP)
- Projects in Partnership Group (PIP)
- 3 Waters
- Future for Local Government Reforms
- Westport Rating District Joint Committee
- Civil Defence Emergency Management Group (Joint Committee)