We are seeking to recruit a Coordinator- Property & Facilities to join our expanding infrastructure team.
This is a fantastic full time, permanent role (40 hours per week) which offers an excellent opportunity to work within a talented, forward-thinking team. Advance your career whilst enjoying a quality work-life balance, working in one of NZ’s most pristine regions with nature, hiking & sandy beaches on your doorstep.
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will hold responsibility for a variety of important duties including, but not limited to:
- Leading the research and development of proposals for the acquisition or disposal of BDC land and property as required.
- Working with consultants to develop proposals and programmes for the disposal (or acquisition) of BDC.
- Administering and implementing proposals and programmes in accordance with all legislative requirements.
- Administering existing agreements including renewals and reviews in accordance with the legal documentation.
- Ensuring all BDCs legal obligations relating to agreements are complied.
- Developing and implementing a management system to effectively identify and manage property agreements including documentation, renewals and regular review of annual rentals.
- Contributing towards and reviewing as required long term Asset Management Plans for BDC facilities – planning for maintenance, renewal and development.
- Managing contractors for department.
- Ensuring project plans are implemented in accordance with best practice and agreed.
- Ensuring the needs of the council organisation for vehicles are met in a timely manner within approved.
- Supporting the Group Manager with budget preparation as and when required.
What’s on offer
- Permanent full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Attractive salary, in line with your experience.
- A positive workplace culture.
- Ongoing career development.
- An excellent work-life balance.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding and experience of working within a property or facilities.
Additionally, you will be a solution focused expert in infrastructure, with the ability to provide a variety of support to the department.
Personally, you will be a positive, collaborative self-starter with a drive to provide efficient and innovative solutions both within your department and throughout Buller District Council as a whole.
To be considered for this position, you should have:
- Current New Zealand Drivers License (essential for this position).
- The right to live and work in New Zealand.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working within a similar experience would be particularly advantageous for this position.
- A tertiary qualification specialising in property management, parks management, planning or a related discipline that has significant exposure to project management.
- In depth knowledge and experience of working within a property management or facilities support position would be highly desirable for this position.
- A high level of theoretical and applied knowledge based on professional expertise, supported by considerable relevant work.
- Demonstrated budgeting and financial.
- Relevant experience in property and/or lease management.
- The ability to carry out a range of reporting and auditing duties, ensuring data is captured and presented both accurately and timely.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise reports.
- Honesty, integrity & reliability.
- Resilience and the ability to cope under pressure.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you!
Please send applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here