Chairperson: Mayor Jamie Cleine (interim)
Membership: The Mayor, all Councillors and Māori Representative
Meeting frequency: Monthly
The Risk and Audit Committee is responsible for:
- Monitoring Council’s financial strategy, and financial performance against the Annual and Long Term Plans.
- Monitoring Council’s interests in its Council Controlled Organisations (CCOs).
- Reviewing the Council’s risk register and associated process for managing current and emerging risk.
- Ensuring the independence and effectiveness of Council’s External and Internal Audit processes.
- Monitoring existing corporate policies and recommending new or amended policies as required.
- Ensuring that council policies and practices will prevent unethical, questionable or illegal activities.
- Providing a communication link between management, internal auditors/external auditors and Council.
- Supporting measures to improve management performance and internal controls.
Terms of reference