In this section
There are four Council campgrounds in Buller. They are operated by subcommittees or the community on behalf of Council. There are also Department of Conservation (DOC) and private campsites and holiday parks throughout the district.
Select a campground below for more information.
Reefton Motor Camp is conveniently located in Reefton, an old gold mining town steeped in history.
It is beside the skate park, just down the road from the Reefton Swimming Pool, and within easy walking distance to town where shopping, supermarkets and a scenic walk are found.
The holiday park offers:
- Camp kitchen
- Laundry area
- Tent and powered sites
- Cabin accommodations.
The sheltered, riverside camp with a perimeter of tall fir trees welcomes motorhomes and caravans, and offers cabin stays or tent sites.
- Phone: Reefton Motor Camp direct on 03 732 8477.
- Address: 1 Ross St, off Broadway, Reefton, West Coast, South Island
- Web: Reefton.co website.
Mōkihinui Domain Campground
Mōkihinui Domain Campground is described as a classic Kiwi campground, where the sea meets the pristine Mōkihinui River.
The campground offers:
- Free hot showers
- Camp kitchen
- Book exchange
- Laundry facilities
- Large sports field
- Fire pit
- Hall – with indoor bowls, jigsaws, colouring books and crayons
- Freezers to store all the fish you catch!
Camping (powered and non-powered sites) and cabins are available.
- Phone: 03 782 1832
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 30 Lewis St, Mokihinui 7891
Seddonville Holiday Park
Located 48km north of Westport, 3kms inland from Mokihinui, Seddonville is on the banks of the Mokihinui River and one of the gateways of The Old Ghost Road.
Seddonville Holiday Park has a range of affordable accommodation choices:
- Bunk rooms
- Caravan accommodation
- Powered & unpowered camping sites.
The Holiday Park offers:
- Communal lounge and kitchen with a fire
- Laundry and toilet block
- Dogs and cats welcome.
- Phone: (03) 782 1314
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 108 Gladstone Street, Seddonville, West Coast 7891
Karamea Domain Camp
The Karamea Domain Camping ground is a community run domain campground with an onsite caretaker.
The campground offers campers:
- 14 powered sites and numerous unpowered sites
- Heated lounge, TV, kitchen, dining room, pool table, piano
- Toilets and free showers
- Quiet off road location close to river, on spacious grounds
- Bowling club and tennis courts alongside
- Phone: 027 782 6069
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 107 Whaverley Street, Karamea, West Coast, New Zealand.
There are a number of Department of Conservation campsites, privately operated campgrounds and holiday parks and places for freedom camping in Buller.