Buller District Council


In case of an emergency phone 111.

You should call 111 if:

  • someone’s in danger
  • someone’s having chest pain, breathing difficulties or is seriously ill or injured
  • there’s a fire or serious risk to property
  • a crime is being committed and the offenders are still there or have just left
  • you’ve come across a major public inconvenience, like trees blocking a state highway.

The operator will connect you to the right service – Police, Fire, or Ambulance.

Help for people with hearing or speech difficulties

If you have difficulty hearing or talking on the phone, you can register to use the emergency 111 TXT service

Not an emergency

Call 105 or use 105.police.govt.nz to report situations that do not require immediate Police or Emergency Services attendance.

Report a crime that’s not an emergency


Live Cam