Buller District Council

Building application forms

Please click on the links below to view the relevant application forms.

Licensed Building Practitioner:

Please note:

There has recently been an increase in applications for building consents where the work has already been carried out, particularly solid fuel heater installations and plumbing and drainage work.

Council cannot issue a building consent if the work has already been done, staff have been instructed not to accept a building consent application in these circumstances. The only option for the homeowner is to apply for a Certificate of Acceptance which will cost approximately twice as much as the applicable consent fee. You will need to contact the tradesperson who carried out the work if you have any issues about this.

So please make sure that you or your tradesperson does not carry out any work without first sighting the consent documents or you may incur additional costs and further legal action may be taken.



Live Cam