District Economic Stimulus Fund open for applications
Buller District Council (BDC) and Development West Coast (DWC) are once again calling for applications to the District Economic Stimulus Fund.
In 2015 DWC provided $1m of funding to the Buller District as part of DWC’s District Economic Stimulus Fund. From this initial funding pool $148,600 remained which will be distributed in 2023. Applications are open from now until 27 February 2023 with the original criteria applying.
Council’s group manager community services Krissy Trigg says: “It’s great to see this fund get fully put to use. We really look forward to seeing what projects and proposals come through for this final round.
It’s an exciting time of growth for Buller, with new businesses and opportunities popping up in our district. This funding can do a lot of good for emerging business and brave entrepreneurs. It can serve as a springboard for local ventures looking to expand.”
The purpose of the fund is to stimulate business development and growth in the district. The fund has criteria which applicants must meet to be eligible. The project proposals must:
- comply with the objects of the DWC Deed of Trust
- provide a minimum of 10% equity pursuant to the Deed
- demonstrate how the project will promote employment opportunities and/or generate sustainable economic benefit for the district
- demonstrate how the project will support business activity in the district
- demonstrate how the project will leverage additional funding from other sources
- any private benefit is incidental to the wider benefits of employment and economic benefit to the region.
Councillors will meet mid-March 2023 to shortlist the applications received. Council will compile a short list of recommended applications to present to DWC trustees for their consideration. DWC Trustees will make a final funding decision at the end of March 2023 and applicants will be contacted shortly after.
Ms Trigg says: “People have a couple of months to apply, so we recommend taking the time to get a really good proposal together that meets all the criteria and sourcing any supporting documents that would help the application.”
All information about this fund, including the application form can be found on Council’s website: https://bullerdc.govt.nz/your-council/community-funding/
For more information contact:
Group Manager Community Services