About the Library
We provide public library services at two main locations in Buller. The district library is located in Westport and our branch library is in Reefton. You can access our on-line library catalogue anytime, through our website. Membership provides access to both Westport and Reefton collections and items can be returned to either library, with after hours return slots available also.
This is your library. If there is a book or a service we don’t have, make a suggestion
Items for loan
- Talking Books
- Interlibrary loans
- Wifi 24/7*
- Public computers
- Book groups – adults and children
- Computer classes
- Children’s programmes
- Local history collection
- Newspaper reading room
- Electoral rolls
- Council information
Services with a charge
- Housebound service
- Scanning, printing, photocopying, fax
- Disc resurfacing (DVDs, games)
- Sales of coffee, usb sticks, headphones
- Book sale
- Meeting room hire
Online services – all available remotely
- Online catalogue
- Electronic databases
- Access to library account – renewals, reserves, wishlist
- Email notifications
*Copyright Law applies when using the Aotearoa People’s Network Kaharoa (APNK) service at our libraries.
- It is a condition of use of the APNK and Buller District Libraies services that users comply with New Zealand copyright legislation.
- It is your personal responsibility to comply with copyright law.
- Before copying or downloading files, music, or other content please make sure that you have the legal right to do so.
- Users found to be illegally copying or downloading materials from the Internet will be banned from using computers in the Library.
Links to relevant legislation: Copyright Act 1994 and Copyright (Infringing File Sharing) Amendment Act 2011 No 11, Public Act.